Tuesday, September 19, 2017

offer me a poem
because i thought
if i wrote mine all down
i could release the unneeded stories
absorb the truth
But i find myself
again
in that place
laying in bed,
waking in the morning
moving through the day
lost in the wilds of being human
fear of death
or suffering
knowing even in my safest moments
others
multitudes of others
are suffering
in pain
lonely
watching others hurt
trust falling like a wounded branch
from a tree
never to be attached again.

i find myself lost in the yellow light of sunset
in the middle of the day.
in my mind
flood waters are moving
firestormes are raging
threats are being made
adults are being forced to do nothing
and children are left without safe mud to play in

i really thought all the words i wrote
would be a balm
at least to myself
and now they are gone
meaningless
lost in the maze of all things past
so i search
for a new poem
new words
to find
to release
to sooth
i search in the sun light
in the soft breeze
in memories
and stories
in the skin of my child skin as i massage his shoulders
an in
to the depth again
to understanding
our place
i search










No comments:

Here is my prescription for the vast majority of us: You need to be in a relatively safe place outside with others