Wednesday, December 9, 2015

The risks of wild things

So you fell in love
With my wild heart
that floods
It's banks
That over flows
With love un-contained
with all the risks, beauty
And dangers of wild things
There is no safe place.
But if you let yourself be swept away
I promise you
A ride
Scarier and more glorious than any you have ever know
Be ready
to hold your breath
Let the waves wash over you
I'll carry you off
To lands unknown
To the deepest velvet lakes
The sun drenched fields 
with bird songs
And the deepest tangled jungles
I'll fill your mouth
I'll wash over you
Paint your body with silty mud
And then lick every inch of you clean again
And in the end 
I'll place you on a sandy beach
Dead or born again
Naked, at peace
Knowing that you
Are the most sacred thing
Created
from the bones of the earth
And the sparks
of stars. 

No comments:

Here is my prescription for the vast majority of us: You need to be in a relatively safe place outside with others