Thursday, January 9, 2014

Lucky for the cold.

I heard someone call a friend who was away, in some tropical spot, for the cold blast we just had "lucky" and I was thinking I feel lucky to be here, to experience it with my community. Its like a snow day, harsh weather brings people together. But now I am beyond that, I pity the people that were away, they don't get to feel the rush, the thrill of 15 degrees F. The glorious feeling of rebirth contentment and freedom that comes after the cold. The joy of going outside NOT bundled to the hilt, of taking your hat off and not having your ears instantly freeze! Need to get out change to put in a parking meter? It's easy now, no danger of fingers freezing at all! the wonder of just taking a deep breath of "warm" air. Love to the cold and the sun and to all. 

No comments:

Here is my prescription for the vast majority of us: You need to be in a relatively safe place outside with others