Wednesday, March 16, 2016

until we go

All things
collected together
make a storm
and a calm
every thought and mountain
all the things that we are
the sweetness of lips
the tears we shed
the dragons of pain
spit flying from angry mouths
the trampled spring grass
dogs playing free in the park
the snow that fell and melted
was
all things that I hold in my chest
that smile,
like the yellow flower in the brown leaves.
every truth
stuns me
that they live together
in the smallest space
the biggest world

from this day I release fear.
I will live looking at death
and her wonder
knowing she loves me
as much as my mothers blood
and until I let her wrap me in her arms I will flirt with her with joy
I will mould myself, a brave warrior
in the jungle of sunlight
and mystery
I will give it all away again and again
and I will kiss the ones I love
again and again
until we go.











No comments:

Here is my prescription for the vast majority of us: You need to be in a relatively safe place outside with others